- Qualified surveyors
- Competitive pricing
- Pragmatic solutions
Seasonal Consultant Ecologist
(Competitive salary based on experience, part-time, summer months mid-April/May to mid-October)
We are a small independent ecological consultancy based in Gloucestershire and Somerset. We work across the UK, although most of our projects are within a couple of hours of Gloucestershire or Somerset.The Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated consultant ecologist to assist us during the busy survey season (March to the end of September). The role will mainly involve working from home, with some requirement to travel to Gloucestershire and Somerset to meet with the rest of the team. The successful applicant will assist with:
- Field work including preliminary roost assessments, bat surveys and preliminary ecological appraisals
- Producing ecological reports
- Producing maps using QGIS
- Project management
- Experience of carrying out phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys
- Knowledge of wildlife legislation and planning policy
- Experience in a similar role within an ecology consultancy
- Excellent report writing skills
- Happy to work independently, often outdoors and during unsociable hours
- Full driving licence and use of a car
- Willing to travel and stay overnight as required
- Located within Gloucestershire, Somerset or the Bristol area
- Protected species licences (particularly bats)
- Member of CIEEM
- Degree in ecology or related subject
- Experience of GIS, particularly QGIS
- Project management experience
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please give us a call on 01453 807188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, including your location and salary expectation.
Closing date for applications is 21st February 2020. We may request further information before inviting prospective candidates for interview.
Sub-contractors are essential in facilitating the highly seasonable work we undertake. If you are interested in sub-contracting for Smart Ecology, please send us a copy of your CV.